May 25 & 26, 2022
Coast Bastion Hotel | Nanaimo, BC
As part of the Budgeting Workshop you will get the chance to create a budget relevant to you, using your own data. This workshop is intended to be hands on – creating a budget that you will be able to use as a starting point for your actual work situation.
Given the time restraints of the workshop it is suggested that you only do one or two programs in a department and the budget chosen should have between 24-40 items to calculate.
If you do not have the required information to work on your own budget or have privacy concerns, you will be given a case study to read and work with to practice the budgeting skills being presented.
In order to work with your own budget, you will need to ensure you have the following data for the workshop:
- 2 or 3 years of past departmental revenue and expenditures statements for the department/program you wish to create a budget for
- An understanding of what outcomes or services were provided in the past 2 or 3 years
- An understanding of what the outcomes or services to be provided in the year you are budgeting for
- An understanding of minimal accepted level of services and what is optimal
- An understanding of any major changes in operations that will occur in the budget year
You will also need to bring your own individual laptop with Excel installed.
Seats are limited to 20 participants so we can ensure everyone is getting the most out of the workshop - so register early!
The cost to attend is $495 - this will include lunch each day and snacks.