AFOA BC 2021 Best Practices Awards
The Aboriginal Financial Officers Association of BC is proud to host the 17th annual Best Practices Awards. While there are different awards for individuals, it is recognized that long term excellence is a result of a team commitment. These awards have been designed to recognize excellence based on the collective efforts of a community.
Each recipient will be awarded with:
- a memorable plaque
- $1500 certificate to use toward AFOA BC products, conferences or community-based workshops
As best practices are employed in all communities, all submissions will be considered. There will be three awards presented based on community size. Please select the size of the community (small: less than 250, medium: 251-500, large: over 500) you are nominating.
To complete the application, write a short submission outlining one aspect of your nominee’s financial management, strategic planning or governance that exemplifies the concept of Best Practices. Please provide as much detail and examples as you can.
Some suggested topics:
- Accounts receivable collection
- Capital asset management
- Government/Band business relationships
- Elected official/employment policy
- Implemented rolling five-year plan
- Policy development and implementation
- Economic development
- Strategic planning in relation to cash management
- Implementing a Financial Administrative Bylaw or Law
Winners will receive their awards at the Best Practices Luncheon on December 1, 2021
The deadline to submit is Friday, November 12 at 4pm.
Submit application to Wendy Ham – firstname.lastname@example.org